Functions & Duties of the Inspectorate of Electricity
The main function of the Department of Inspectorate of Electricity is to administer the following Acts, Rules and Regulations:
- Indian Electricity Act, 2003.
- Central Electricity Authority (Measures Relating to Safety and Electric Supply) Regulation 2010.
- Cinematograph (Regulation) Rules, 1973.
- Electrical Licensing Rule,1973.
Under the aforementioned Acts&Rules the Department of Inspectorate of Electricity performed the following duties:
- Initial inspection of electrical installations of the suppliers and consumers High & Medium voltage and to serve an orderupon them as required under the Rules.
- Initial inspection of Captive Power plant including Diesel Generator Sets of Capacity 7.5KVA and above and to serve an order upon them as required under rules.
- Scrutiny and approval of the methods of construction of High voltage & Extra High voltage installations.
- Rendering technical assistance to various Government Department and undertaking site testing inspection, measurementand assessment of internal installation/advice and framing of estimates.
- Recovery of Inspection fees.
- Annual inspection & testing of Electrical installation of all Cinema Halls in the state and to issue fitness Certificate tothat effect.
- Conduct electrical accident inquiry and submit report to the Government with a recommendations to be taken by the concern authority in order to ensure safety and strict implementation of the provision laid down under Acts,Rules and Regulations.
- Conducting Examination for issue of Supervisor’s Certificate of Competency and Workmen’s Permits to Electrical Supervisors and Wiremen respectively, every year.
- To conduct tests for Cinema operators and to grant cinema operator’s license.
- To grant one License to electrical contractor.
- To renew annually old Licenses to Electrical Contractors, Supervisors and Workmen.
- To grant certificates and permits to supervisors and workmen.
- To hear and decided the cases of malpractice by Electrical Contractors Supervisors and workmen.