Frequently Asked Questions
- Eligibility for Registration as Electrical Contractor, Supervisors and Electrical Workmen for undertaking Electrical contract work and prerequisites (if any)
An Electrical Contractors License shall be granted only to a person (or a firm) who has in possession the instruments necessary for carrying out the tests required under Indian Electricity Rules, 1956 and who either himself hold a certificate
of competency and personally executes and supervises all works undertaken by him or who direct supervision all work undertaken by him is carried out.
Provided that the Board may refuse to any person (or firm) who (or which) in the opinion of the Board is not fit to holds such license.
The list of enclosures are as below :
- Produce evidence of solvency and capability to undertake wiring work.
- Undertaking from Supervisor, holding valid Electrical supervisor certificate of competency.
- Undertaking for electrical workman holding valid Electrical workman permit.
- Cash Memo of testing instruments.
- Trading License from non tribal applicants.
- Renewal as Electrical Contractor, Supervisors and Electrical Workmen for undertaking Electrical contract work and prerequisites (if any)
The License holder will fill up the prescribed form and enclosed the following documents :
- Undertaking from the Supervisor that the supervisor is continuing his services with the License Holder.
- Undertaking from the Workman that the workman is continuing with the License holder.
- Produce the testing instruments for checking, if the instrument is in working condition or not.
- Pay the renewal fee as prescribed by the Government.